Feature Friday - September 10, 2021
- Added a new wayfaring skill, Wilderness Lore: Rivers and Lakes.
- Renamed Wilderness Lore: Mountains to Wilderness Lore: Hills and Mountains.
- Made moving across rivers, lakes, and the Rainbow Wood a little slower.
- The Rainbow Wood and Palladium Reef are no longer considered jungles for the purposes of wilderness lore.
- Various becoming nooks across Qud now have implants in their cybernetics racks again.
- Gravity grenades now down flyers in their area of effect.
- Creatures beguiled via the cooking effect triggered action now lose interest in their beguilers after the metabolizing effect expires.
- Algal water pools in Lake Hinnom and the Palladium Reef are now deeper and squarely past the swim threshold.
- Serrated and nanon weapons now have a very small chance to decapitate independent of whether you have the Decapitate skill power. Having Decapitate does not augment this chance.
- Nanon now requires Tinker III.
- Moved the river referenced in Raising Indrix to south of the Kyakukya instead of north. Also fixed a bug with its starting location.
- Added descriptions for all new cybernetic implants.
- Changed the name of some high-tier implants.
- Added descriptions for prism perch, white esh, quatravolt glider, and sultan croc.
- Updated what secrets svardym and the denizens of the Yd Freehold are interested in.
- The Hydropon is no longer subject to svardym storms.
- Urns in the Yd Freehold now have appropriate names.
- Changed the names and added descriptions for finger coral and tunnel sponge.
- Increased the number of times you can drink [redacted] for a positive effect.
- Meditation no longer occasionally cures gamma moth mutation.
- Damage reflected by equipment is now attributed to the equipment's wearer.
- Fixed a bug that caused new characters to be created without the proper faction reputations for their genotype and subtype.
- Fixed a bug that caused natural claw weapons from Skulk Tonic to remain after the effect expired.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to start with the skill that your random starting village teaches via the water ritual.
- Fixed a reputation bug that caused several hostility issues with creatures' attitudes toward you.
- Fixed a bug that caused map notes to not load until you opened your journal.
- Fixed a bug that caused recipes intended to give corrosive gas generation to have no effect.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to complete an important Tomb of the Eaters quest step.
- Fixed a bug that prevented relics that bestow extra carry capacity from working.
- Fixed a bug that caused kills via your spaser-generated plasma to not be attributed to you.
- Fixed a bug that caused robots to be unaffected by ganglionic teleproject and Rebuke Robot.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to fly underground with a certain flight-granting cybernetic boosts.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to be referred to in the third person wehn dealing damage with Sunder Mind.
- Fixed a bug that caused up-stairs to generate on the surface level of the Palladium Reef.
- Fixed a bug that cauased identified artifacts to keep their unidentified color.
- Fixed a bug that caused [redacted] to fail to render correctcly if entered with penetrating radar enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused an exception when a [redacted] is targeting during a serialization cycle
- More [redacted].
- [modding] Fixed the player's body object not being sourced from Genotype/Subtype.
Additionally, here are the notes for some additional changes that were included in the last few alpha and beta patches.
- Our official, community-mananged wiki has a new home: https://wiki.cavesofqud.com. We updated the link in the Modding Utilities.
- You can now jump through squares that contain creatures who are out of phase or flight with you.
- You can no longer manipulate the results of cooking with nectar by using Precognition.
- The carrying capacity bonus from Multiple Legs now reflects its description.
- You can no longer talk to your original body while dominating another creature. (This led to bad things.)
- Ctrl+Space once again looks at items on the equipment screen.
- Most things that interrupt autoact now provide a visual indicator of what caused the interruption, if it's something external.
- Psionic weapons no longer affect inanimate objects.
- Night-vision goggles are now overloadable.
- Creatures are now a little better at escaping environmental damage.
- Creatures no longer use Force Bubble if an ally is adjacent. This prevents rare Force Bubble + Temporal Fugue crashes.
- Nulling weapons now apply astral burdening for a short time after they hit, rather than only instantaneously as they hit.
- Looking at objects in force fields and stasis fields now gives info on the object instead of the field.
- Rephrased messages about additional body parts needed to equip items in more abstract, inclusive terms.
- Slightly decreased the traversal speed of most projectiles.
- A visible rhinox getting ready to charge now interrupts autoact.
- Temporal fugue clones are now placed a little more intelligently with respect to natural movement modes (e.g., aquatic creature clones will prefer spawning in swim-depth water).
- Fixed a bug that caused autoexplore to dig around boulders and rubble instead of through them.
- Fixed a bug that caused Temporal Fugue clones to always spawn northwest of you.
- Fixed a bug that caused jewelers to occasionally have double-jewel-encrusted items.
- Fixed a bug that caused you to occasionally get stuck inside walls when using Space-Time Vortex.
- Fixed a bug that caused creatures to sometimes generate inside walls.
- Fixed a rare crash in Grit Gate.
- The "you" pronoun is no longer incorrectly used when creatures collect liquids.
- [modding] Added some new predicates to conversations: IfTrueKin, IfNotTrueKin, IfGenotype, IfNotGenotype, IfSubtype, and IfNotSubtype.
- [modding] Unity impostors now support X and Y offsets.
cavesofqud-windows-beta.zip 281 MB
Version 126.96.36.199 17 days ago
cavesofqud-osx-beta.zip 282 MB
Version 188.8.131.52 17 days ago
cavesofqud-linux-beta.zip 299 MB
Version 184.108.40.206 17 days ago
Get Caves of Qud
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.